Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Goosfraba... Goosfraba...

We all get upset, and even experience anger from time to time. Each individual expresses these emotions in their own way. Some people yell, some don't say anything, and others shut down. When I get angry, I cry.
Because of my depression, I can't hold a steady job. My unstable emotions make me unreliable, even with medication. Therefore, my husband is the only source of income. He is a full time Christian Counseling student and works a part time job. As you can imagine, this is not enough income for us to live on our own. Thankfully, my in-laws are amazing people who graciously let us stay with them.
My husband is wonderful. I mean the best I could have found. He takes care of me, washes our clothes, helps take care of our 4 pets, studies every day, reads endlessly, works with children on a daily basis, works out, finds time for his friends and family, and is so patient with me. This guy has a stressful life, but still remains so calm and encourages me all the time. He always brings me up when I am down, tells me I'm beautiful all the time, and never ceases to make me laugh (even in the midst of my breakdowns). He's talented to be able to juggle all these things and deal with a spouse who has severe clinical depression.
Now there are a few people who have a problem with me living with my in-laws and blames my husband for not being a good provider. Today could have easily been a horrific day for me, and maybe even the next few weeks could have been ruined too. I base this off of my past experiences. When these people say things to me to bring me down, it works, and I shut down. These people mean so much to me, and to hear negative things come out of their mouths kills me. My bed becomes my new home and I question over and over why. I don't take showers or take care of myself. For a short time, I die inside.

Not today.

Today I took the high road. I am better than those who have nothing better to do than think of minuscule things and blow them out of proportion to have a reason to argue and hate against me and those I love dearly. Instead I shed a brief tear, tore up the punching bag the best I knew how and exercised for the next hour and 45 minutes. I never had so much fun working out than I did today.

This is the last time I mention you, or even spend my time thinking about you. You are such a negative influence in my life and only bring me down. I love you both and wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your years.
"But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!" - Isaiah 54:17 NLT"







Pinned Image


No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!