Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Before First TMS Appointment

My very first TMS appointment is in less than an hour. My hair is greasy, my PJ's are still on, I haven't showered in two days, and I'm quite an emotional mess. Why am I freaking out so badly over this? Okay, that's a stupid question, because I know exactly why.

I'm afraid this won't work.

My mind is filled with all these "what-ifs". What if it hurts too bad? What if I get there and I can't stop crying? What if I can't make it in every day for 6 weeks? What if this is a big waste of money?

God, my all-powerful, almighty heavenly father, who created the heavens and the earth, who created ME, you can do ANTYHING. Nothing is too great of a task for you. I'm asking you to please let all these fears of mine vanish. Please don't let them control me. You have made it possible to do this treatment, and I'm trusting that you won't let this treatment go in vain. Please, God. Please comfort me right now. Hold me in your arms. I need you so badly.

Amen.


1 comment:

  1. I totally understand and can relate. You are not alone. I promise that it will not hurt too much, and you will feel it less each day. You can always ask to take tylenol or xanax or something, but it shouldn't be necessary. The doctors or techs won't care if you don't shower or if you cry. I know from experience. You won't know how much it will work till you try. Just try to go with it for now. I'm sorry if I am adding to the feeling that it won't work because of my experience, but it did help, just not all the way, and for many people it does. There is great potential for great improvement! I will be thinking the best for you, and hoping you can get there too!
    D
    http://tmstherapy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!