Friday, May 25, 2012

Love My Summer

I cannot even begin to tell you how deep my love for Summer is. When this season begins to approach, I become anxious for the sun's rays to warm my skin that is glistening with lake water. Nothing compares to being in the midst of God's beauty at Whiskeytown Lake. You hear nothing. You smell everything. The feeling of freedom consumes me when I'm in the clear blue water. Nature surrounds you with it's most brilliant blue and green hues.

When I'm there, I am not depressed. There are no feelings of the burning sadness running down my chest that burdens me on a daily basis. For a few blissfull hours, I'm free. The simple thought of being at the lake brings me relief of experiencing those feelings that oppose the darkness in my life.

Everyone has their Summer. What is yours?



Summer 2010 - My husband, Matthew, and I

Summer 2010 - Sis-N-Law Katie, Brother Jason, Me, Husband Matthew

Summer 2010 - Brother Jason, Sis-N-Law Katie, Me, Husband Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!