Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Break in the Storm

I don't even know where to start. In summary, yesterday was A GOOD DAY. A very wholesome, family filled, packed with smiles and laughter kind of day. The relief of not being burdened with the worst fatigue and overwhelming sadness is indescribable. Now, not to say I felt 100% normal again, but I'll take that 75% good feeling any day.

It started out with waking up one hour before my alarm clock. This is considered a huge feat by my husband, since I'm always fighting to stay in bed. My mom called soon after to ask us to pick up a BBQ for my step-dad as a surprise birthday gift (Happy Birthday today, PZ!). My husband and I happily went to Home Depot to get the BBQ. We were like giddy school girls when we picked it up and sneakily hid it in my parent's shed.

What was even more fun, was seeing the surprised look on his face when we pulled off the blanket that was covering it on the back porch. He quickly went to the store and spent a good two hours doing what I'm assuming was the best grocery trip of his life. While he was barbequeing, I began dancing around on the back porch. PZ turned to look at me and said "I really love seeing you like this." It dawned on me that I was having an amazing day. I mean, look at me! I was DANCING!

Today was my fifth day of taking my new medication, Abilify 2mg, on top of my Lexpro 20mg and Seroquel 25mg. Friday was also my 31st TMS session. Now that I am finished, I am tapering off TMS by doing two sessions a week for the next three weeks. We'll see how I continue to do. Hopefully progressivly better :)







Enjoying the sunshine and the lake behind my parent's house

Yes. Shaving our legs outside. You ladies MUST do this. It's so fun and makes shaving more enjoyable!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great to read! I hope it gets better and better from there!

    ReplyDelete

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!