Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Body's Progress

Time to get back onto the fitness wagon! Especially after a day out on on the lake yesterday in a barely there bikini. I can't even begin to describe how self-concious I felt, but I have a hunch that you know that feeling all too well.

In my last video, I mentioned that I would take photos of my current body. By now it's been about 5 weeks since I have done P90X, and now that my stomach flu is finally over I'd like to pick up where I left off. I made it through phase 1 and 2 of P90X, and started day 1 of phase 3. I think I'll simply begin phase 3 again so I can start off by doing weight training ( I love it way more than cardio, which is day 2).

So... well... here they are *closes eyes*...



Ok, so it could be worse. I'm not back to square one, but I have regressed a bit. On April 22 I made a promise to not weigh myself until June 1st (only 3 more days until I can! Yay!) so I have no idea what I weigh. As Flab2Fab mentioned, gaining weight is a part of the journey. I need to accept this and keep moving forward.

Being in my bikini on Memorial Day: brave or inconsiderate?

Here's something interesting. This is a chart of my blog's facebook page activity for the month of May. I find it interesting how accurately it reflects my depression and mood. During the middle of this month I seemed to be doing worse than usual, and the chart reflects that. Fascinating.


4 comments:

  1. thanks for the mention Debra. Your awesome. This week's gain for me opened my eyes. I was doing so well on my weight loss but BAM out of no where i slipped up. Im glad you posted these pictures though.It really opens up the eyes. I support you in every way deb. your a friend and a great supporter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kev! Thank you for being so supportive. You're a great friend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s the spirit, Deb! Just by looking at the picture, it says that you’ve had quite a change and favor for your body. You’ve started it and there are changes already, why not finish it all the way, right? :) Gaining a bit is part of some weight loss stories. It could be coined as the “yo-yo diet” – where the calorie diet has been too restrictive and weight is regained. Prioritize your exercise more for your weight loss. Exercise also helps lighten up your mood. It stimulates brain chemicals (endorphins) that give you a cheerful and relaxed state of mind, thus, affecting your attitude and motivations toward your goal.

    Celia Maciomhair

    ReplyDelete

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!