Friday, June 8, 2012

Anxiety & Traveling

As I type, I am sitting at my sister-in-law's kitchen table. Yesterday was my husband's and my four year wedding anniversary, and we decided to leave Redding for the weekend.

Usually when I'm on the freeway, I have major anxiety and panic attacks. These horrible episodes have been taking place for a few years now. I'm not too sure when it really started or what may have triggered the fear of long traveling on the freeway, but it was inhibited my ability to leave Redding. This trip wasn't too bad though. I still had anxiety on the freeway, but not the blacking-out-kind-of-anxiety that I've had on previous trips.

Not fearing for my life every minute on the highway has been a relief. I did have some anxiety at certain points in the drive, but overall I'd say my anxiety level was at a 5 (10 being at its worst).

Freeway anxiety is only one aspect of my annoying emotional problems while traveling. There is a birthday party on Sunday that I'm going to where I'll be able to see my sister and old friends  that I haven't seen in nearly 3 years. As you can imagine, I'm beyond thrilled to see everyone, but if you're an avid reader of my blog, you'll know I get major anxiety in groups of people. I haven't had any anxiety about this party for weeks up until a few days ago. Now I'm still going, but I am so happy that my loving husband will be there with me just in case my anxiety gets the best of me.

Until then, I'll continue to pray. Anxiety - bite the dust! I will NOT let you ruin my vaca!







Matthew & I in Old Sacramento

Eating at Fat City Bar & Grill in Old Sac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!