Friday, June 29, 2012

The Magical Powers of Green Tea

A few weeks ago after a few days of horrible eating habits, I got back on track with eating healthy. I only ate fresh foods and drank as much water was possible. But not just ordinary water: Diluted green tea. What's great about this natural herb is it boosts your metabolism and is thought to target belly fat.

My favorite brand of green tea. Decaf helps me avoid the jitters.
Within a few days my mom mentioned how I looked like I lost a ton of weight. Even though I lost about a pound, it looked like much more. The antioxidants in green tea helped my acne clear up, and my skin all over seemed glow a bit. Now I've eaten healthy before, but did not have these kinds of results. I continued to avidly drink green tea every 10-15 minutes and was looking as good as you can without working out.

The only downside to drinking this large amount of green tea is how time consuming it is. I'm constantly brewing cups of tea throughout the day and having to make a conscious decision to drink it so often. But it worked for me.

Yes, "worked". I stopped because of all the fatigue/depression/crazyemotions that I've been dealing with while changing anti-depressants recently. Drinking green tea was the furthest thing from my mind. Until today. The past 3 days I have probably had about 5 pints of ice cream. I thought it would make my depression better, and it did, but only temporarily. Today I woke up very bloated, and um... not happy with my body. What's funny is even though I ate that much ice cream, I have still been eating healthy foods and appropriate portions. Except for that large piece of french bread last night. Oh and the cookies.

Ok, so maybe I'm not eating well, but today was enough to push me to into the right eating mindset again. And now I have my trusty green tea buddy with me. He's boring. Tasteless. But he makes me feel and look better. You oughta try him out for yourself.


4 comments:

  1. hi im following your blog via a link from your tube, i think your brave to talk so openly about your struggles. best wishes for the future xx stop by and say hi at http://www.yourbeautyonabudget.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking to trying green tea, but given I don't like normal tea I'm quite reluctant to try it.
    Does it taste anything similar?

    Just started my own fitness tracking blog btw so looking for others who I can relate to. :)
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter! The only way to know is to try it for yourself. Make sure you choose a quality brand such as Stash or Tazo. If you don't like the way it tastes, you can purchase green tea in pill form, but I'm unsure of it's potency or how it compares to drinking tea.

      Delete

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!