Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cheers

This feels a little cliche. I'm creating a blog at the beginning of a new year because I feel inspired to write about my journey to a healthier life. Well, I'm not banking on having any readers, considering the thousands of blogs already written. This one is for me. If you happen to read it, then I hope in some way you become inspired -whether it be to eat a super delicious cookie or go on a sunny walk.

I have always felt that our life should not be lived without a written record, only to have a few memorable moments out of each year. Instead I have journaled as much of my 23 years of life as often as I could. Nearly each age of mine has been physically logged since I was 6 years old. It began with a Hello Kitty diary I received as a Christmas present from my cousin Gaby. That book, along with about five others, are safely tucked away in our garage. Once in a few years, I'll even pull out my journals and read them all the way through. It's a personal novel. Marveling at my accomplishments and understanding where I learned my most important life lessons are something that could not be possible without my journaling. All the little occurrences that make up the big picture are what I strive to remember, and this year is no different.

Cheers to a new year, and a new journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!