Monday, January 30, 2012

Not-So-Bad Monday

As I type, I'm munching on a "healthy" brownie. Sometime last year, My Aunt Lala told me about "black bean brownies". Immediately my face cringed. "That sounds gross," I told her. She insisted they were delicious and that you couldn't even taste the beans. So this evening I searched allrecipes.com for black bean brownies. There was only one recipe, and I tried it.

The brownies really aren't that bad. There is no flour or leavening agents in this recipe, so the texture is a little different. It's texture seems dry, but it's strangely moist at the same time. One thing is for sure: my chocolate craving has been satisfied, and I feel good knowing I added a little extra fiber and protein to my diet.

Aside from my baking adventure, Toby and I went on another walk. We saw a super cute Westie on the opposite side of a chain linked fence. They became instant friends. When we got home he slept like a rock. Finally. He is so high energy that usually a walk only peps him up. Maybe it's because his walks are becoming more regular. One point for me. Somehow I summoned the energy after our walk to do Turbo Jam's 20 minute "Ab Jam". It burned soo good. It was after that workout that I craved the brownies. That better not become a regular thing, or I'm in deep trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!