Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Bad. And the Ugly

What's wrong with me?! I feel so ashamed. There's no way I'm the only one who has done this and regretted it even before it was done. Or am I? My blog is here to hold myself accountable, and to help others who are struggling through the same things as me. Today is only one day, but with one big mistake.
Yesterday I started the 3 day Shakeology cleanse. It has been rough. Not being able to use food as my comfort like I did before my journey has proven extremely difficult for me. Extremely difficult. Today is day 2 of my cleanse, and I blew it in 20 minutes. I just couldn't take it any more. A crunchy bag of beef Ramen, a handful of Hershey Kisses, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. In that order. Now remember, I'm lactose intolerant, so I can't even digest dairy. My body immediately rejects it; thankfully back the way it came in. But did I really just consume those things in that sequence to my advantage? It's shameful to admit, but if I'm really honest with myself, I think yes.
Don't get me wrong. Thankfully I've never struggled with anorexia or bulimia. But today? Why today? Guilt has entirely consumed me. Do I really not have any self control that I can't fully commit to a three day cleanse? Really, Debra?? Am I really that weak of a person? Or is this just a weak moment? I haven't even done Yoga X yet, and it's already 5pm. I just want to sleep. My bed is sucking me in. Is this the crash that I mentioned? God please don't let me crash, I have been doing so well! If anyone is reading, today is one of those days I could really use prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!