Monday, February 13, 2012

P90X Day 8 - Triumphs & Challenges

First, my challenge: not eating too many sweets. I'm a sweetaholic. Cookies and chocolate are my vice. Without these in my diet, I've been having major withdrawals. Unfortunately, today I indulged maybe just a little too much. That included three sugar-free bite-sized caramel chocolates, two little squares of raw sugar cookie dough and a handful of crackers (Trader Joe's fiber crackers I might add). My husband's after school program is having a cookie decorating party tomorrow for Valentine's Day, and I may have offered to bake the prepackaged cookies for sinful and selfish reasons. This indulgence might seem innocent, but boy am I bloated and feeling guilty!


On top of this, I've gained two pounds. I can't imagine it's muscle, because muscle doesn't bulge out of your belly. Today was my first day taking Shakeology, and I'm thinking that my body is reacting to the whey since I'm lactose intolerant. We all know what comes with being bloated. Gross, I know.
Now for my triumphs! First of all, I completed week one of P90X! Before day one, I was so intimidated of the workouts. The people who do this workout are ripped out of their minds! But Tony says to do my best, and that I do. I look forward to my daily workout now. It has become an addiction.
Second, I'm onto bigger weights! I went from 5 pound dumbbells to 10 pound ones. That makes me so excited! My body feels a little stronger. I see my body's changes in photos but not in the mirror, who is still not my friend. So far, I'm glad I started P90X. Working out is totally proving to be mind over matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!