Saturday, February 11, 2012

Because You're Kicking Ass

I'm no Average Joe that just started working out. My body has been slowly deteriorating from being in bed so often, bound there by my severe depression.
Today while doing day 6 of P90X (Kenpo X) I just wanted to quit. There was no energy in the first place to workout, let alone crawl out of bed. But my husband began P90X in the living room, and I knew I just had to get it done.
After I finshed changing into workout clothes, I set up shop in the office. Minute 45 came up, and I wanted to quit, but gave it 5 more minutes. Minute 29 came and I wanted to quit again, but I gave it 5 more minutes. By the time I reached minute 15, I knew I had to finish. And I did. The minute Tony faded into black on the screen I began sobbing. It was one of those really good cries that needed to be let out. I went to the bathroom, splashed cold water on my face and went to the kitchen for a protein drink. My husband saw me, dropped what he was doing and came to me.
Husband: "Are you ok?"
Me: "I don't know... I don't even know why I'm crying," (still crying)
Husband: "Wanna know why you're crying?"
Me: "I don't know.... why?"
Husband: "Because you're kicking ass."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!