Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lent and Weight Gain

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. Honestly, I would not have known this if I hadn't come across another blog about someone else's journey towards fitness. Never have I participated in Lent; it didn't seem necessary since I'm not Catholic. But TSunshine inspired me. It can't be denied that my focus on God has greatly diminished since I began my fitness journey. I've decided to give up processed foods until April 6th - Good Friday.  I'm finding that sacrifice to be quite ambitious now that I'm one day in. Yesterday was a huge success until I had ice cream! Oops. But that doesn't mean I'm giving up. So far in the last 12 hours I've read my Bible more than I have in a month! Boy that sounds depressing, but it's progress.

Since my tiny victory of losing 6.8 pounds, I have gained most of it back. It's heartbreaking. I keep telling myself it's not about the scale. But as a female, those three tiny numbers have crept their way to the control center of my brain. They gotta move out. PRONTO. Especially with my depression, it's easier for me to dwell on the little things. What does feel good, is the fact that my pants fit me again. They aren't tight like they used to be back in January. *little dance*

Today is day 18/90 for P90X. The first time I did Yoga X I only lasted 45 minutes. Last Thursday I didn't even do it because I was so depressed my body literally couldn't get out of bed. This is the day I complete the 90 minute session. Maybe my mom will do it with me. (Feb 26 UPDATE- I didn't do Yoga X. Thankfully I'm not beating myself up over it.)

Speaking of my mom, I'm finding that the days I see her are better ones. About a month ago, she moved to the same town as me. Before then she had always been at least 5 hours away. She's my best friend, and being away from your best friend for months at a time, especially your mom, is the worst. Yesterday she went to Walgreens while I was doing P90X, and brought me back a recipe book titled Glycemic Index Cookbook. She's awesome, minus the Girl Scout cookies that live in her pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb ♥'s comments ~ unregistered users can now leave them!